PHOENIX — The next time you’re planning a vacation, you may not have to look as far as you would think for a world-class hotel experience.
Two Arizona hotels are ranked among the best in the United States in TripAdvisor’s 2014 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
Coming in 13th in the nation for best bargain hotel was the Lake Powell Motel in Page, Ariz.
“It’s a great option,” Tripadvisor travel expert Brooke Ferencsik said. “It has off-street parking, large luxury rooms, really spotlessly clean and it’s just a really well-run establishment.”
Arizona’s highest ranked hotel, however, is the Adobe Grand Villas in Sedona. It placed fifth in the most romantic hotel category as well as third for best small hotel in the U.S.
“It’s just a great little inn with amazing service,” said Ferencsik. “The villas contain a living room, bathroom, fireplaces; there are cascading waterfall showers and whirlpool tubs.”
If you do want to get out of state for a vacation but don’t want to travel to far, California had some of the highest-ranking hotels on the list.
“There are a significant numbers of winners in California and the west in general had about 40 percent of the U.S. winners,” Ferencsik said.
Coming in at No. 1 was the Grand Del Mar in San Diego.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.