PHOENIX — The next time you’re planning a vacation, you may not have to look as far as you would think for a world-class hotel experience.
Two Arizona hotels are ranked among the best in the United States in TripAdvisor’s 2014 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
Coming in 13th in the nation for best bargain hotel was the Lake Powell Motel in Page, Ariz.
“It’s a great option,” Tripadvisor travel expert Brooke Ferencsik said. “It has off-street parking, large luxury rooms, really spotlessly clean and it’s just a really well-run establishment.”
Arizona’s highest ranked hotel, however, is the Adobe Grand Villas in Sedona. It placed fifth in the most romantic hotel category as well as third for best small hotel in the U.S.
“It’s just a great little inn with amazing service,” said Ferencsik. “The villas contain a living room, bathroom, fireplaces; there are cascading waterfall showers and whirlpool tubs.”
If you do want to get out of state for a vacation but don’t want to travel to far, California had some of the highest-ranking hotels on the list.
“There are a significant numbers of winners in California and the west in general had about 40 percent of the U.S. winners,” Ferencsik said.
Coming in at No. 1 was the Grand Del Mar in San Diego.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon