Maybe airlines should aim their marketing toward millennials, because a new survey by Hipmunk revealed they’re willing to pay more for “unique on-board flight experiences.”
Thirty-eight percent of Generation Y travelers said they would pay more to have an “open bar” on a plane, compared to only 18 percent of their Generation X counterparts.
A whopping 79 percent said they would prefer “themed” flights with seasonal snacks, drinks and movies, while that type of experience was only intriguing to 64 percent of nonmillennials.
Not surprisingly, 45 percent of millennials surveyed said they “want[ed] to connect socially with other passengers via electronic chat, games or social networks.”
Interestingly, 70 percent said they would pay less for sitting near the bathrooms on a plane.
And despite all criticism and headaches of boarding a flight where there are children sitting nearby, only 24 percent of millennials would be willing to pay more for a “child-free” flight, compared to only 18 percent of Gen X travelers.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development