Maybe airlines should aim their marketing toward millennials, because a new survey by Hipmunk revealed they’re willing to pay more for “unique on-board flight experiences.”
Thirty-eight percent of Generation Y travelers said they would pay more to have an “open bar” on a plane, compared to only 18 percent of their Generation X counterparts.
A whopping 79 percent said they would prefer “themed” flights with seasonal snacks, drinks and movies, while that type of experience was only intriguing to 64 percent of nonmillennials.
Not surprisingly, 45 percent of millennials surveyed said they “want[ed] to connect socially with other passengers via electronic chat, games or social networks.”
Interestingly, 70 percent said they would pay less for sitting near the bathrooms on a plane.
And despite all criticism and headaches of boarding a flight where there are children sitting nearby, only 24 percent of millennials would be willing to pay more for a “child-free” flight, compared to only 18 percent of Gen X travelers.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy