PHOENIX — A total of 4,100 Ponderosa pine trees will be planted in Northern Arizona, thanks to the Arizona Cardinals.
The Salt River Project (SRP) teamed up with the NFL team and agreed to plant 100 trees for every touchdown this season. The trees will be planted in Arizona forests destroyed by wildfires.
Patty Garcia-Likens with SRP said it’s a win-win for everyone.
“While we had fans who were cheering on the Cardinals, we also had fans who were cheering on the fact that we were able to help with the reforestation of our forest,” Garcia-Likens said. “What those trees can do is they can help remove carbon dioxide from the air and they store carbon in their plant tissues and they produce oxygen for the environment.”
SRP customers can also help out. Adding a $3 donation to their monthly bill will also help fund the planting of trees.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths