PHOENIX — Arizona voters remain dissatisfied with the quality of Arizona’s education system.
The group Arizona Parents for Education recently released its results of a statewide poll where voters were asked questions about the current state of our schools.
“One of the things that was glaring from our survey was that Arizonans from across the board want more funding for our schools,” said Brian Murray, executive director of Arizona Parents for Education.
The survey revealed that most voters, regardless of political party, are dissatisfied with the current education system. In fact, there were 21 percent of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who were all “Very Dissatisfied” with the quality of education Arizona children are receiving.
In fact, when asked about standardized testing in Arizona, it was almost a tie in the percentage of those who viewed them as making “No Difference” and those who thought the tests “Hurt” the performances of local public schools.
Some of the questions focused on online education. While Republican and Independent voters supported “online innovation” and thought an online education was “Better/Same” for a student, Democrats were almost evenly split on the issue.
Interestingly, while Republican voters were “major champions” of charter schools and Democratic ones “outright oppose” them, the data also showed that the younger the voter was, the more he or she supported charter schools.
To see more of the data and read the questions that were posed, click here.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains