PHOENIX — Arizona voters remain dissatisfied with the quality of Arizona’s education system.
The group Arizona Parents for Education recently released its results of a statewide poll where voters were asked questions about the current state of our schools.
“One of the things that was glaring from our survey was that Arizonans from across the board want more funding for our schools,” said Brian Murray, executive director of Arizona Parents for Education.
The survey revealed that most voters, regardless of political party, are dissatisfied with the current education system. In fact, there were 21 percent of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who were all “Very Dissatisfied” with the quality of education Arizona children are receiving.
In fact, when asked about standardized testing in Arizona, it was almost a tie in the percentage of those who viewed them as making “No Difference” and those who thought the tests “Hurt” the performances of local public schools.
Some of the questions focused on online education. While Republican and Independent voters supported “online innovation” and thought an online education was “Better/Same” for a student, Democrats were almost evenly split on the issue.
Interestingly, while Republican voters were “major champions” of charter schools and Democratic ones “outright oppose” them, the data also showed that the younger the voter was, the more he or she supported charter schools.
To see more of the data and read the questions that were posed, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon