PHOENIX — Arizona voters remain dissatisfied with the quality of Arizona’s education system.
The group Arizona Parents for Education recently released its results of a statewide poll where voters were asked questions about the current state of our schools.
“One of the things that was glaring from our survey was that Arizonans from across the board want more funding for our schools,” said Brian Murray, executive director of Arizona Parents for Education.
The survey revealed that most voters, regardless of political party, are dissatisfied with the current education system. In fact, there were 21 percent of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who were all “Very Dissatisfied” with the quality of education Arizona children are receiving.
In fact, when asked about standardized testing in Arizona, it was almost a tie in the percentage of those who viewed them as making “No Difference” and those who thought the tests “Hurt” the performances of local public schools.
Some of the questions focused on online education. While Republican and Independent voters supported “online innovation” and thought an online education was “Better/Same” for a student, Democrats were almost evenly split on the issue.
Interestingly, while Republican voters were “major champions” of charter schools and Democratic ones “outright oppose” them, the data also showed that the younger the voter was, the more he or she supported charter schools.
To see more of the data and read the questions that were posed, click here.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas