PHOENIX — ASU Prep Academy has been awarded the U.S. Department of Education’s highly competitive Investing in Innovation Fund grant.
“It’s quite an honor to be selected and to be able to provide something like this to our students, families and teachers,” said Chief Academic Officer Deborah Gonzalez.
With the grant, ASU Prep will provide a unique blend of learning strategies and innovative technologies to better serve students, educators and families.
The grant will also ensure that all students will have access to portable technology devices and are exposed to next-generation technology. Tech-enabled learning tools and other powerful educational resources will be integrated into the Common Core curriculum.
“We can’t do what we want to do for all of our families and students with the state funding that we receive, so receiving private grant monies or federal grant monies is critical to our future success,” said Gonzalez.
Only 25 of 600 schools were awarded the prestigious grant.
ASU Prep is the only K-12 school in Arizona to receive the award.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon