PHOENIX — ASU Prep Academy has been awarded the U.S. Department of Education’s highly competitive Investing in Innovation Fund grant.
“It’s quite an honor to be selected and to be able to provide something like this to our students, families and teachers,” said Chief Academic Officer Deborah Gonzalez.
With the grant, ASU Prep will provide a unique blend of learning strategies and innovative technologies to better serve students, educators and families.
The grant will also ensure that all students will have access to portable technology devices and are exposed to next-generation technology. Tech-enabled learning tools and other powerful educational resources will be integrated into the Common Core curriculum.
“We can’t do what we want to do for all of our families and students with the state funding that we receive, so receiving private grant monies or federal grant monies is critical to our future success,” said Gonzalez.
Only 25 of 600 schools were awarded the prestigious grant.
ASU Prep is the only K-12 school in Arizona to receive the award.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments