PHOENIX — The already savvy Waste Management Phoenix Open has added even more technology, the tournament announced in a release.
The tournament has added more than 25 new Wi-Fi access points in the very popular area between the 16th hole and 18th green. The full course is now equipped with free Wi-Fi.
The tournament’s app, available on both iTunes and Google Play, has been upgraded. It work on both smartphones and tablets and has two new games, along with an updated security procedures list. It also has a car finder and a navigation feature to help attendees get around the course.
“Like our mobile devices, the Kyocera mobile app for the WM Phoenix Open uses technology to bring people together and make life simpler and more enjoyable,” said Eric Anderson, senior vice president and general manager of global sales and marketing at Kyocera Communications, Inc., in a press release.
The tournament is scheduled to begin Jan. 27.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.