On Sunday, Jan. 19, ASU’s Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity held a racially-insensitive party, in “honor” of Martin Luther King Day.
The fraternity has already been on social probation, due to an off-campus brawl involving some of its members. As a result, they also weren’t allowed to host “sanctioned university” events on the premises.
On Wednesday, ASU disseminated the letter to news outlets, detailing the alleged violations, according to the Arizona Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct.
The charges against the fraternity include violating a previous disciplinary sanction, violating university rules on alcohol, off-campus conduct that posed a risk to the university community or university property and participating in discriminatory activities.
While the school investigates the incident, TKE has been placed on “interim suspension,” meaning they will “cease all operations and all formal chapter events and activities, both on- and off-campus” until further notice.
Read the full letter by clicking here.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain