On Sunday, Jan. 19, ASU’s Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity held a racially-insensitive party, in “honor” of Martin Luther King Day.
The fraternity has already been on social probation, due to an off-campus brawl involving some of its members. As a result, they also weren’t allowed to host “sanctioned university” events on the premises.
On Wednesday, ASU disseminated the letter to news outlets, detailing the alleged violations, according to the Arizona Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct.
The charges against the fraternity include violating a previous disciplinary sanction, violating university rules on alcohol, off-campus conduct that posed a risk to the university community or university property and participating in discriminatory activities.
While the school investigates the incident, TKE has been placed on “interim suspension,” meaning they will “cease all operations and all formal chapter events and activities, both on- and off-campus” until further notice.
Read the full letter by clicking here.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development