On Sunday, Jan. 19, ASU’s Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity held a racially-insensitive party, in “honor” of Martin Luther King Day.
The fraternity has already been on social probation, due to an off-campus brawl involving some of its members. As a result, they also weren’t allowed to host “sanctioned university” events on the premises.
On Wednesday, ASU disseminated the letter to news outlets, detailing the alleged violations, according to the Arizona Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct.
The charges against the fraternity include violating a previous disciplinary sanction, violating university rules on alcohol, off-campus conduct that posed a risk to the university community or university property and participating in discriminatory activities.
While the school investigates the incident, TKE has been placed on “interim suspension,” meaning they will “cease all operations and all formal chapter events and activities, both on- and off-campus” until further notice.
Read the full letter by clicking here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier