PHOENIX — Arizona’s traffic safety laws may be costing the state both lives and billions of dollars in damage.
The 2014 Roadmap of State Highway Safety Laws put Arizona in the top 11 most dangerous driving states because it lacks basic traffic regulations.
“We still do not have a primary seat belt law, we don’t have a law requiring motorcycle riders to wear a helmet and we do not have a statewide ban on text messaging,” said Stephanie Dembowski with Triple-A of Arizona, adding that the implementation of these laws could save lives.
Dembowski said more than 23,000 Arizonans have been killed in auto-related accidents since 1989.
Arizonans spend about $4.3 billion on car crashes each year.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food