PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has once again broken his personal fundraising record, his office said in a Wednesday release.
Thanks to more than 78,000 donations, Arpaio raised more than $3.5 million in 2013 for his political campaigns.
“I am so grateful for the outpouring of support from so many generous people,” Arpaio said in a release. “It emboldens me to know that my supporters are there for me especially when faced with a recall election and being maliciously targeted by the federal government just for doing my job.”
Nearly 100 percent of the donations were made in small increments under $450, the maximum allowed until revised to $5,000 by the state Supreme Court.
Arpaio, who was re-elected to a sixth term in November, hinted at a possible run for governor in the release.
“Every four years, my supporters encourage me to run for governor,” he said. “Based on these fundraising numbers and knowing I could be competitive, I will have to give it serious consideration.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.