PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has once again broken his personal fundraising record, his office said in a Wednesday release.
Thanks to more than 78,000 donations, Arpaio raised more than $3.5 million in 2013 for his political campaigns.
“I am so grateful for the outpouring of support from so many generous people,” Arpaio said in a release. “It emboldens me to know that my supporters are there for me especially when faced with a recall election and being maliciously targeted by the federal government just for doing my job.”
Nearly 100 percent of the donations were made in small increments under $450, the maximum allowed until revised to $5,000 by the state Supreme Court.
Arpaio, who was re-elected to a sixth term in November, hinted at a possible run for governor in the release.
“Every four years, my supporters encourage me to run for governor,” he said. “Based on these fundraising numbers and knowing I could be competitive, I will have to give it serious consideration.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development