PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has once again broken his personal fundraising record, his office said in a Wednesday release.
Thanks to more than 78,000 donations, Arpaio raised more than $3.5 million in 2013 for his political campaigns.
“I am so grateful for the outpouring of support from so many generous people,” Arpaio said in a release. “It emboldens me to know that my supporters are there for me especially when faced with a recall election and being maliciously targeted by the federal government just for doing my job.”
Nearly 100 percent of the donations were made in small increments under $450, the maximum allowed until revised to $5,000 by the state Supreme Court.
Arpaio, who was re-elected to a sixth term in November, hinted at a possible run for governor in the release.
“Every four years, my supporters encourage me to run for governor,” he said. “Based on these fundraising numbers and knowing I could be competitive, I will have to give it serious consideration.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food