Tucson may be the home of the University of Arizona, but according to Forbes, it’s also the perfect locale for those who are way beyond college age.
Forbes scoured the data of over 400 cities from every state and narrowed it down to the top 25 — in no particular order — where retirees can get the most bang for their buck.
The major factors taken into account were economic. These included overall cost of living and home prices as compared to national averages and general state tax climates for retirees (something that Forbes has been tracking for years).
They also took into account the climate, although colder cities like Fargo, N.D., Boise, Idaho, and Pittsburgh, Pa. also made the cut.
Tucson is the only Arizona city Forbes picked, while Texas, Florida, South Carolina and Pennsylvania have two or more cities on the list.
Forbes said Tucson has a lower cost of living, warm climate, above-average air quality, decent home prices, plenty of doctors and ranked high for “bicycling and volunteering,” however, it also has a high crime rate and a mediocre economy.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths