Tucson may be the home of the University of Arizona, but according to Forbes, it’s also the perfect locale for those who are way beyond college age.
Forbes scoured the data of over 400 cities from every state and narrowed it down to the top 25 — in no particular order — where retirees can get the most bang for their buck.
The major factors taken into account were economic. These included overall cost of living and home prices as compared to national averages and general state tax climates for retirees (something that Forbes has been tracking for years).
They also took into account the climate, although colder cities like Fargo, N.D., Boise, Idaho, and Pittsburgh, Pa. also made the cut.
Tucson is the only Arizona city Forbes picked, while Texas, Florida, South Carolina and Pennsylvania have two or more cities on the list.
Forbes said Tucson has a lower cost of living, warm climate, above-average air quality, decent home prices, plenty of doctors and ranked high for “bicycling and volunteering,” however, it also has a high crime rate and a mediocre economy.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains