Tucson may be the home of the University of Arizona, but according to Forbes, it’s also the perfect locale for those who are way beyond college age.
Forbes scoured the data of over 400 cities from every state and narrowed it down to the top 25 — in no particular order — where retirees can get the most bang for their buck.
The major factors taken into account were economic. These included overall cost of living and home prices as compared to national averages and general state tax climates for retirees (something that Forbes has been tracking for years).
They also took into account the climate, although colder cities like Fargo, N.D., Boise, Idaho, and Pittsburgh, Pa. also made the cut.
Tucson is the only Arizona city Forbes picked, while Texas, Florida, South Carolina and Pennsylvania have two or more cities on the list.
Forbes said Tucson has a lower cost of living, warm climate, above-average air quality, decent home prices, plenty of doctors and ranked high for “bicycling and volunteering,” however, it also has a high crime rate and a mediocre economy.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development