PHOENIX — A 43-year-old man killed over the weekend died while being strangled during sex, the Glendale Police Department said Tuesday.
Police were alerted to Jason Ash’s death after receiving a phone call from the resident of an apartment in the 6200 block of W. Olive on Saturday.
The caller said she left Ash, 43, and her 16-year-old daughter in the apartment. She later received a call from her daughter that Ash had died while being strangled during a consensual sex act.
“He has several cuts on his body and also had a cord around his neck when he was discovered,” said Glendale Police Sgt. Jay O’Neill.
The mother returned to the apartment to try and save Ash’s life when her daughter fled. She later returned to a nearby apartment, where she was arrested.
The unidentified suspect admitted she strangled Ash during sex and also cut him. She was charged with second-degree murder.
It is unknown if the suspect will be charged as an adult or if the mother will face charges.
KTAR’s Mark Remillard contributed to this report.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets