PHOENIX — A 43-year-old man killed over the weekend died while being strangled during sex, the Glendale Police Department said Tuesday.
Police were alerted to Jason Ash’s death after receiving a phone call from the resident of an apartment in the 6200 block of W. Olive on Saturday.
The caller said she left Ash, 43, and her 16-year-old daughter in the apartment. She later received a call from her daughter that Ash had died while being strangled during a consensual sex act.
“He has several cuts on his body and also had a cord around his neck when he was discovered,” said Glendale Police Sgt. Jay O’Neill.
The mother returned to the apartment to try and save Ash’s life when her daughter fled. She later returned to a nearby apartment, where she was arrested.
The unidentified suspect admitted she strangled Ash during sex and also cut him. She was charged with second-degree murder.
It is unknown if the suspect will be charged as an adult or if the mother will face charges.
KTAR’s Mark Remillard contributed to this report.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development