PHOENIX — A 43-year-old man killed over the weekend died while being strangled during sex, the Glendale Police Department said Tuesday.
Police were alerted to Jason Ash’s death after receiving a phone call from the resident of an apartment in the 6200 block of W. Olive on Saturday.
The caller said she left Ash, 43, and her 16-year-old daughter in the apartment. She later received a call from her daughter that Ash had died while being strangled during a consensual sex act.
“He has several cuts on his body and also had a cord around his neck when he was discovered,” said Glendale Police Sgt. Jay O’Neill.
The mother returned to the apartment to try and save Ash’s life when her daughter fled. She later returned to a nearby apartment, where she was arrested.
The unidentified suspect admitted she strangled Ash during sex and also cut him. She was charged with second-degree murder.
It is unknown if the suspect will be charged as an adult or if the mother will face charges.
KTAR’s Mark Remillard contributed to this report.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain