PHOENIX — Scottsdale, Ariz.-based web domain provider GoDaddy is stepping up its footprint in Latin America by helping millions get their business online.
GoDaddy said millions of entrepreneurs and small businesses don’t have their own websites or email systems and they’re going to help those businesses create opportunity. Rafael Fernandez McGregor, GoDaddy vice president of Latin America, said there are huge opportunities in Latin America with the right presence.
“Mexico is estimated to have from three to six million small businesses and there are tens of millions of these businesses across Latin America.”
McGregor said small business owners are the most innovative and dynamic job creators in the region and anyone who has ever launched or run a small business will tell you how hard it can be.
“Small businesses are just interested in having people come through their doors,” he said. “The majority of them don’t engage with e-commerce off the bat. This is what GoDaddy can empower them to do.”
McGregor will be based in Mexico where he spent a majority of his career in various industries. Among those roles, he started and led Microsoft’s online business in Latin America.
GoDaddy plans to expand into 60 international markets that speak 30 different languages within the next 18 months.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development