An inmate at Lower Buckeye Jail was found dead in his jail cell Saturday morning, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
John Klatt, 50, was found beaten and stabbed around 7 a.m. Saturday morning in his cell. Klatt was laying in a small pool of blood and appeared to have beaten and stabbed in the eye with a pencil, according to MCSO.
According to an MCSO release, Klatt’s cellmate, 20-year-old Nike Black, was expected to be charged with homicide later Saturday. Both were minimum-security inmates.
Klatt had been in jail since Sept. 2013 on sex crime charges involving minors, and Black was jailed on domestic violence charges, according to the release.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy