PHOENIX — With the 2015 Super Bowl in Glendale on the horizon, Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton wants you to watch this year’s Super Bowl — with him.
“I will be hosting the Mayor’s Super Bowl watch party here in Phoenix,” said Stanton. “It’ll be an outdoor party at the pool at the (Hotel) Palomar.”
Stanton said that it’s sure to be a good time, and that he hopes it gets Phoenix a little face-time on the Super Bowl telecast.
“The national media will occasionally spotlight next year’s Super Bowl, which is here in our region,” said Stanton. “They’re going to see the mayor of Phoenix, in short sleeves and shorts, having a good outdoor party to remind them that next year, the Valley will not only be a great host to the Super Bowl, but the weather is going to be much better than in New York.”
Super Bowl XLVIII takes place Sunday, Feb. 2, at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey — the home of the New York Jets and New York Giants.
Stanton said that the party at the Palomar will start at 2 p.m. Kickoff for the game is set for 4:25 p.m.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development