PHOENIX — Two Gilbert elementary schools were placed on lockdown Friday while police searched for burglary suspects.
In a series of tweets, the Gilbert Police Department said both Towne Meadows Elementary School and Carol Rae Ranch Elementary were on lockdown.
Police said the two suspects may have stolen a pair of handguns from a home in the 1100 block of North Owl in the area of Houston and Recker.
“The homeowner reported that they came home and discovered two people inside the residence,” said Gilbert Police Lt. John Lyle.
The first suspect is described as being a white male in his 20s with facial hair and a “mullet”-style hair cut. He was wearing a Green Bay Packers shirt and possibly a black jacket.
The second suspect is described as being a while female in her 20s. She has a thing build and wore her blonde hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a black shirt with a hoodie tied around her waist and blue jeans.
The lockdowns were lifted about 3:15 p.m., but police are still searching for the suspects.
Anyone with information on the crime or suspects is asked to call 911.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development