PHOENIX — Two Gilbert elementary schools were placed on lockdown Friday while police searched for burglary suspects.
In a series of tweets, the Gilbert Police Department said both Towne Meadows Elementary School and Carol Rae Ranch Elementary were on lockdown.
Police said the two suspects may have stolen a pair of handguns from a home in the 1100 block of North Owl in the area of Houston and Recker.
“The homeowner reported that they came home and discovered two people inside the residence,” said Gilbert Police Lt. John Lyle.
The first suspect is described as being a white male in his 20s with facial hair and a “mullet”-style hair cut. He was wearing a Green Bay Packers shirt and possibly a black jacket.
The second suspect is described as being a while female in her 20s. She has a thing build and wore her blonde hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a black shirt with a hoodie tied around her waist and blue jeans.
The lockdowns were lifted about 3:15 p.m., but police are still searching for the suspects.
Anyone with information on the crime or suspects is asked to call 911.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas