Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR
Updated Jan 17, 2014 - 12:25 pm

Scottsdale warehouse evacuated for hazmat incident

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A hazardous-material situation in a Scottsdale
meat-storage warehouse sent several people to hospitals for evaluations of
non-life-threatening symptoms.

Hazardous-materials crews from the Scottsdale and Phoenix fire departments
responded when workers started complaining of headaches Friday morning.

Scottsdale Fire Department Division Chief Jay Ducote said crews detected high
levels of carbon monoxide in the warehouse due to a propane-powered forklift.

He said the business has been ventilated and that workers have been allowed
back inside.


comments powered by Disqus