A disturbing study published in Pediatrics, a peer-reviewed journal, suggests that more than 90,000 children each year end up in emergency rooms all over the country after becoming victims of school violence.
“I think it should be disturbing for anyone who is charged with the welfare of kids — doctors, parents, teachers at school,” said Dr. Probodh Hammady of Maricopa Medical Center.
According to the study’s own author, Dr. Siraj Amanullah, of the Alpert Medical School at Brown University, and experts like Dr. Hammady, the number cited in the published study could actually be much larger, because some children are not inclined to report the aggressor.
“Kids are fearful of retaliation,” said Hammady. “That’s why it’s so important for parents to communicate with their children.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development