PHOENIX — Banner Health hospitals will put visitation restrictions in place Monday to fight the spread of influenza, the company said in a release.
“The health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees is a primary concern of Banner Health,” said Joan Ivaska, senior director of infection prevention for Banner Health, in the release. “Following these restrictions and procedures will ensure we provide the safest environment possible to receive and provide care.”
Visitors who are displaying flu symptoms — fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea — are asked to not visit patients.
Children under 13 are asked not to visit. If they do, parents must supervise them at all times.
Siblings who do not have cold or flu symptoms will be allowed to meet a new baby. However, they may have to pass a health screening first.
Visitors are also encouraged to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments