PHOENIX — Banner Health hospitals will put visitation restrictions in place Monday to fight the spread of influenza, the company said in a release.
“The health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees is a primary concern of Banner Health,” said Joan Ivaska, senior director of infection prevention for Banner Health, in the release. “Following these restrictions and procedures will ensure we provide the safest environment possible to receive and provide care.”
Visitors who are displaying flu symptoms — fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea — are asked to not visit patients.
Children under 13 are asked not to visit. If they do, parents must supervise them at all times.
Siblings who do not have cold or flu symptoms will be allowed to meet a new baby. However, they may have to pass a health screening first.
Visitors are also encouraged to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development