PHOENIX — Banner Health hospitals will put visitation restrictions in place Monday to fight the spread of influenza, the company said in a release.
“The health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees is a primary concern of Banner Health,” said Joan Ivaska, senior director of infection prevention for Banner Health, in the release. “Following these restrictions and procedures will ensure we provide the safest environment possible to receive and provide care.”
Visitors who are displaying flu symptoms — fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea — are asked to not visit patients.
Children under 13 are asked not to visit. If they do, parents must supervise them at all times.
Siblings who do not have cold or flu symptoms will be allowed to meet a new baby. However, they may have to pass a health screening first.
Visitors are also encouraged to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck