PHOENIX — Banner Health hospitals will put visitation restrictions in place Monday to fight the spread of influenza, the company said in a release.
“The health and safety of our patients, visitors and employees is a primary concern of Banner Health,” said Joan Ivaska, senior director of infection prevention for Banner Health, in the release. “Following these restrictions and procedures will ensure we provide the safest environment possible to receive and provide care.”
Visitors who are displaying flu symptoms — fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea — are asked to not visit patients.
Children under 13 are asked not to visit. If they do, parents must supervise them at all times.
Siblings who do not have cold or flu symptoms will be allowed to meet a new baby. However, they may have to pass a health screening first.
Visitors are also encouraged to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again