PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department has partnered with Nextdoor.com, a private social networking site for neighborhoods, in an effort to get more feedback and information from citizens.
“It’s exciting,” said Phoenix Police Chief Daniel Garcia. “We already have over 400 neighborhoods that have signed up. That’s 80 percent of the city.
“People can communicate with us without fearing retaliation, in English or Spanish. This is a very positive program.”
The site allows residents to create private websites for their own neighborhood. In addition to having the opportunity to exchange information, share news and upcoming neighborhood events, Nextdoor participants will receive messages from the Police, Neighborhood Services and Public Works departments.
“It’s a way to make our neighborhoods safer and build stronger bonds within the communities,” said Garcia.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas