PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department has partnered with Nextdoor.com, a private social networking site for neighborhoods, in an effort to get more feedback and information from citizens.
“It’s exciting,” said Phoenix Police Chief Daniel Garcia. “We already have over 400 neighborhoods that have signed up. That’s 80 percent of the city.
“People can communicate with us without fearing retaliation, in English or Spanish. This is a very positive program.”
The site allows residents to create private websites for their own neighborhood. In addition to having the opportunity to exchange information, share news and upcoming neighborhood events, Nextdoor participants will receive messages from the Police, Neighborhood Services and Public Works departments.
“It’s a way to make our neighborhoods safer and build stronger bonds within the communities,” said Garcia.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy