PHOENIX — When it comes to well-managed cities, Scottsdale, Ariz. is one of the best, a report said.
According to 247wallst.com, Scottsdale is the sixth-best run city in the United States.
The report cited Scottsdale’s high “typical household income” of $72,102 — about $20,000 more than the national median income — as a reason for the city being run well. It also helps that 95 percent of those earners had a high school diploma, again above the national average.
Crime and poverty rates in the city are relatively low when compared to other large cities.
The city’s credit is rated Aaa by Moody’s. The agency lists the city’s wealth and strong fiscal management as reasons for its perfect rating. Like many Arizona cities, Scottsdale was hit hard by the housing crisis. Home prices fell by 23% between 2008 and 2012, compared to a 12.9% decline nationally. However, Scottsdale’s foreclosure rate was considerably better than those of Phoenix, Tucson, and many other major cities in the Southwest.
Overall, the best run city was Irvine, Calif., followed by Fremont, Calif, Plano, Texas, Lincoln, Neb. and Virginia Beach, Va., respectively.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them