PHOENIX — Arizona was one of 13 states to raise the minimum wage in 2014 and a new graphic from the Department of Labor breaks down exactly how the state compares to the rest of the nation.
Arizona’s minimum wage, based on a cost of living increase, was upped to $7.90 per hour in 2014. Of the 13 states that raised the wage, Arizona was the second-lowest. Missouri’s was raised to $7.50 per hour.
Of those same 13 states, Washington’s was raised to the highest per hour pay at $9.32, followed by Oregon ($9.10) and Vermont ($8.73).
Overall, there are 21 states that pay more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25. Twenty-three other states meet the federal minimum wage and. Five states don’t have a minimum state wage.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths