PHOENIX — Tempe police are searching for two men suspected of robbing a bank on Dec. 31, the department said in a press release.
The first suspect allegedly entered the Arizona Federal Credit Union at 855 W. Baseline Road around 5:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. The suspect handed a teller a note that demanded money and said he was robbing the bank.
The teller complied with the note and gave the man money.
The second suspect acted a look-out.
After the robbery, both suspects fled the area.
The first suspect is described as being a Hispanic male standing between 5-foot-8 and 6 feet. He weighs between 190 to 220 pounds. He is in his mid-30s or 40s and had a thick mustache with a thing beard.
He was last seen wearing a blue and green button-up work shirt, jeans, a black baseball cap, sneakers, sunglasses and a black wig.
The second suspect is described as being a Hispanic male in his mid-30s to early 40s. He is clean shaven.
He was last seen wearing a black baseball hat, a gray undershirt, a button-up shirt with vertical lines, jeans and black shoes.
Police believe the same suspects may have robbed the same bank on Oct. 31 and a bank in Ahwatukee on Dec. 23.
Anyone with information on these robberies is asked to contact the Tempe Police Department at (480) 350-8311.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments