PHOENIX — January in Arizona is an incredible month for car lovers.
There will be seven car shows held in the Scottsdale and Phoenix areas, allowing fans to experience classic vehicles, hot rods and even concept cars.
Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, said his event is by far the largest attraction to car lovers for various reasons.
“The weather, the selection of cars, it’s a tradition,” said Jackson. “It’s 43 years (running), people plan their vacations (around it), it’s on a lot of people’s bucket list, [and] it’s nationally and internationally televised.”
Barrett-Jackson is the largest car show in the Valley, with about 300,000 attending the show last year. Jackson said this year, a record 1,400 cars are up for unrestricted auction. It will all take place under a roof measuring nearly one million square feet.
In addition to Barrett-Jackson, many of the other car shows around the Valley also offer unique selections of cars and amazing items for the public to enjoy.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development