PHOENIX — You will soon see messages like “Is someone controlling you?” or “Is your boss threatening you?” on digital billboards across the Valley.
They are part of an anti-trafficking campaign headed by Cindy McCain designed to prepare Arizona for the Super Bowl in 2015. The event is reportedly the single-largest human trafficking incident in the United States.
“As we progress forward and build up to the Super Bowl, our build-up and our commitment will last far longer than the date of a great game next February,” said McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, at the unveiling of the new digital campaign.
Clear Channel, which is donating the billboard space, said the message will be rotated on 50 boards across the Valley an average of 15 times a month.
“We are beginning with our youth here, and the effect that it has on our young people,” said McCain. “Of course labor trafficking is a large part of this as well.
“You will see great movements in terms of our legislature coming up and in terms of the community as a whole. ”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night