PHOENIX — You will soon see messages like “Is someone controlling you?” or “Is your boss threatening you?” on digital billboards across the Valley.
They are part of an anti-trafficking campaign headed by Cindy McCain designed to prepare Arizona for the Super Bowl in 2015. The event is reportedly the single-largest human trafficking incident in the United States.
“As we progress forward and build up to the Super Bowl, our build-up and our commitment will last far longer than the date of a great game next February,” said McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, at the unveiling of the new digital campaign.
Clear Channel, which is donating the billboard space, said the message will be rotated on 50 boards across the Valley an average of 15 times a month.
“We are beginning with our youth here, and the effect that it has on our young people,” said McCain. “Of course labor trafficking is a large part of this as well.
“You will see great movements in terms of our legislature coming up and in terms of the community as a whole. ”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them