PHOENIX — You will soon see messages like “Is someone controlling you?” or “Is your boss threatening you?” on digital billboards across the Valley.
They are part of an anti-trafficking campaign headed by Cindy McCain designed to prepare Arizona for the Super Bowl in 2015. The event is reportedly the single-largest human trafficking incident in the United States.
“As we progress forward and build up to the Super Bowl, our build-up and our commitment will last far longer than the date of a great game next February,” said McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, at the unveiling of the new digital campaign.
Clear Channel, which is donating the billboard space, said the message will be rotated on 50 boards across the Valley an average of 15 times a month.
“We are beginning with our youth here, and the effect that it has on our young people,” said McCain. “Of course labor trafficking is a large part of this as well.
“You will see great movements in terms of our legislature coming up and in terms of the community as a whole. ”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development