PHOENIX — You will soon see messages like “Is someone controlling you?” or “Is your boss threatening you?” on digital billboards across the Valley.
They are part of an anti-trafficking campaign headed by Cindy McCain designed to prepare Arizona for the Super Bowl in 2015. The event is reportedly the single-largest human trafficking incident in the United States.
“As we progress forward and build up to the Super Bowl, our build-up and our commitment will last far longer than the date of a great game next February,” said McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, at the unveiling of the new digital campaign.
Clear Channel, which is donating the billboard space, said the message will be rotated on 50 boards across the Valley an average of 15 times a month.
“We are beginning with our youth here, and the effect that it has on our young people,” said McCain. “Of course labor trafficking is a large part of this as well.
“You will see great movements in terms of our legislature coming up and in terms of the community as a whole. ”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier