PHOENIX — Attendees of the Waste Management Phoenix Open will be subject to new security rules this year, the tournament announced in a Monday press release.
“Providing a safe and secure environment is something our fans and players deserve,” said 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom King in the release. “We ask that our fans be patient as we implement these new security measures.”
Fans will no longer be permitted to carry an opaque bag. Instead, they can opt to use clear plastic bags — not exceeding 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches — or a one-gallon freezer bag. Small clutches are allowed.
Other things, such as umbrellas, lawn chairs and binoculars are allowed, but they cannot be in a carrying case.
The tournament will allow still cameras until Wednesday. Video cameras are not allowed.
The tournament said the new security rules are akin to those used in the National Football League and at several major colleges.
For more details on the new security procedures, click here.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets