CHANDLER — It was open enrollment for Chandler Traditional Academy Independence campus Monday and sign-ups at the East Valley school had a Black Friday-type feel.
The school signed up more than 50 students for classes that begin in July. It was first come, first serve, with some parents in line all weekend.
Lindsey Van Briesen had been waiting since Friday. She said it was worth every second of standing in line to enroll her child in kindergarten.
“This school’s test scores are extremely high. This is a traditional academy so it’s very different from all of the other Chandler schools. More of a back-to-basics school.”
The school has a 10 rating by nonprofit GreatSchools.
After sign-ups, Van Briesen was looking forward to going home to sleep.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier