PHOENIX — Police are looking for as many as four suspects after two people were shot in a neighborhood near Second Avenue and Bell Road in Phoenix Friday.
“At this point, we don’t know or have a motive as to why this occurred,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “We’re still early on in the investigation.”
Martos said the shooting may have been drug-related.
Witnesses said a group of young people were arguing and several shots were fired
in the normally quiet subdivision.
The victims were an unidentified 43-year-old black male and a 27-year-old male. One of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital. The other was driven to a hospital and then airlifted to a different hospital.
Multiple suspects appeared to have fled the area in a white vehicle.
Some traffic restrictions were in place as a result of the shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night