PHOENIX — Police are looking for as many as four suspects after two people were shot in a neighborhood near Second Avenue and Bell Road in Phoenix Friday.
“At this point, we don’t know or have a motive as to why this occurred,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “We’re still early on in the investigation.”
Martos said the shooting may have been drug-related.
Witnesses said a group of young people were arguing and several shots were fired
in the normally quiet subdivision.
The victims were an unidentified 43-year-old black male and a 27-year-old male. One of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital. The other was driven to a hospital and then airlifted to a different hospital.
Multiple suspects appeared to have fled the area in a white vehicle.
Some traffic restrictions were in place as a result of the shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon