PHOENIX — Calling all high school artists: Valley Metro is asking students around the metro Phoenix area to come up with original artwork to get people excited about public transportation.
The winning design will be displayed as a transit wrap and featured on a light rail train and city bus for a year.
“Last year’s theme was ‘Do the Ride Thing,’ so we’re looking for something that’s creative and outside of the box that really highlights transit in a positive way,” said Melissa Quillard of Valley Metro.
Quillard said the contest is part of a broader outreach effort to spread awareness about the benefits of public transportation. The Valley’s top transit agency is especially interested in attracting younger commuters, including students.
“We are seeing a lot more teens and a lot more students utilizing light rail and buses to get to and from school and to get around town,” she said. “We want to continue to encourage that.”
The contest runs until Feb. 14. For more information, visit Valley Metro’s website.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets