PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department and the state’s Department of Public Safety held an event Friday morning to highlight the importance of properly installing child safety seats.
Earlier this month three children were ejected from a car because they were not buckled in correctly. Those children were fortunate to survive.
Phoenix Fire Capt. Robert Johnson said many parents buy a child safety seat, read the directions before installing the seat and think the job is done. Johnson said about 7 out of every 10 parents don’t install the seats right. He has seen the result of that on many emergency calls.
“The most common mistake I see is that the seat is just not installed tight enough in the vehicle. You can overtighten it but in most cases it’s just not tight enough,” he said.
Parents who need help installing the seat can call 602-495-KIDS. A firefighter will made available to install the child safety seat properly.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development