Update: Lawlor was found safe and unharmed Saturday in Delaware. She is under the protective care of Child Protection Services.
A 17-year-old Utah girl, who went missing Wednesday, is now being reported as runaway juvenile, according to StGeorgeUtah.com.
Sally Jane Lawlor, a junior at Pine View High School in St. George, went missing about 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The St. George Police Department noted, however, that since the disappearance was called in by the girl’s mother, Melodie Lawlor, the teenager has been seen via a restaurant security camera boarding a Greyhound bus. The Spectrum reported that the bus was headed to New York.
Posters are being placed in Greyhound stations in New York and across the Midwest.
Melodie believes Sally may have ran away to meet a boy, but the person could be a predator.
“She told us she met him last year at the end of the school year,” she said. “He told her he lived with his mother in Beaver, but there is no record of his name in the school district records at all.”
Lawlor’s mother found a note after her daughter went missing. It said she was happy and to not look for her.
“Apparently we’ve been lied to for some time,” she said. “We are afraid of what is going to happen if she falls into the wrong hands.”
Melodie said it is possible that Sally is suffering from depression.
Sally is described as being 5-foot-4 with a petite build and shoulder length brown hair which is shorter on the left side than the right side.
She was last seen wearing red plaid stretch pants, an over-sized gray sweatshirt and black shoes.
According to StGeorgeUtah.com, Sally may also be wearing her Pine View class ring along with a backpack and carrying a duffle bag.
If anyone has any information about her whereabouts, call the St. George Police Department at (435) 627-4300 or 911.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development