Update: Lawlor was found safe and unharmed Saturday in Delaware. She is under the protective care of Child Protection Services.
A 17-year-old Utah girl, who went missing Wednesday, is now being reported as runaway juvenile, according to StGeorgeUtah.com.
Sally Jane Lawlor, a junior at Pine View High School in St. George, went missing about 4:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The St. George Police Department noted, however, that since the disappearance was called in by the girl’s mother, Melodie Lawlor, the teenager has been seen via a restaurant security camera boarding a Greyhound bus. The Spectrum reported that the bus was headed to New York.
Posters are being placed in Greyhound stations in New York and across the Midwest.
Melodie believes Sally may have ran away to meet a boy, but the person could be a predator.
“She told us she met him last year at the end of the school year,” she said. “He told her he lived with his mother in Beaver, but there is no record of his name in the school district records at all.”
Lawlor’s mother found a note after her daughter went missing. It said she was happy and to not look for her.
“Apparently we’ve been lied to for some time,” she said. “We are afraid of what is going to happen if she falls into the wrong hands.”
Melodie said it is possible that Sally is suffering from depression.
Sally is described as being 5-foot-4 with a petite build and shoulder length brown hair which is shorter on the left side than the right side.
She was last seen wearing red plaid stretch pants, an over-sized gray sweatshirt and black shoes.
According to StGeorgeUtah.com, Sally may also be wearing her Pine View class ring along with a backpack and carrying a duffle bag.
If anyone has any information about her whereabouts, call the St. George Police Department at (435) 627-4300 or 911.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America