PHOENIX — Who knew those old Cabbage Patch Dolls, Transformers or even Garbage Pail Kids may still be worth money?
If you have some old toys in storage, them to the Phoenix Vintage Toy-Buying Show at the Courtyard Marriott 2621 S. 47th St. Phoenix this weekend.
“What we’re looking for is people to scour their attics and closets and dig out those old toys that have been sitting there for decades, dust them off and bring them to us,” said America’s Toy Scout Joel Magee.
They will restore your toys and make sure they find the right collectors. They will also pay up to 75 percent of the retail value of the toy.
Magee suggested going on eBbay and seeing how much you vintage toy is still worth.
“I had another person call me, and he’s got a bunch of Star Wars figures that he had when he was a kid,” said Magee. “Amazingly enough he said his mom let him play with one and she bought extra ones for him to put up for a rainy day. And he said ‘Well, today is a rainy day.'”
The show runs through Jan. 15.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon