PHOENIX — Who knew those old Cabbage Patch Dolls, Transformers or even Garbage Pail Kids may still be worth money?
If you have some old toys in storage, them to the Phoenix Vintage Toy-Buying Show at the Courtyard Marriott 2621 S. 47th St. Phoenix this weekend.
“What we’re looking for is people to scour their attics and closets and dig out those old toys that have been sitting there for decades, dust them off and bring them to us,” said America’s Toy Scout Joel Magee.
They will restore your toys and make sure they find the right collectors. They will also pay up to 75 percent of the retail value of the toy.
Magee suggested going on eBbay and seeing how much you vintage toy is still worth.
“I had another person call me, and he’s got a bunch of Star Wars figures that he had when he was a kid,” said Magee. “Amazingly enough he said his mom let him play with one and she bought extra ones for him to put up for a rainy day. And he said ‘Well, today is a rainy day.'”
The show runs through Jan. 15.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck