PHOENIX — Polar Ice Chandler is no more, according to a Thursday press release from Ice Den.
“We are thrilled to have acquired the Chandler facility,” said Rainy Partners President Taylor Burke, whose company owns the Ice Den in Scottsdale. “Our initial efforts will be focused on revitalizing the business and the facility and getting to know the community and our customers.”
Prior to the sale, the future of Polar Ice was in jeopardy. There was talk that the facility at 7225 W. Harrison St. could be torn down because of its attractive location.
With the sale, the future of the rink is much more stable.
“We welcome the opportunity and what this news means for tens of thousands of Chandler and East Valley families,” said Chandler Mayor Jay Tibshraeny. “The facility’s future certainly looks very bright.”
Ice Den President Michael O’Hearn said he looks forward to working with varying East Valley officials to ensure the success of the rink.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments