PHOENIX — The Waste Management Phoenix Open is looking to give back during the upcoming tournament.
All active, retired and reserve military personnel, law enforcement officers, firefighters and other first responders and a guest will be allowed to attend the event at no charge.
“We can’t thank our law enforcement, emergency services and U.S. military enough for all they do for our country,” said 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Tom King in a release. “We hope this small token of appreciation is well-received.”
Those eligible for entry are required to present an official ID or badge at any ticket booth. Pay stubs and business cards will not be accepted.
Last year, more than 4,400 people took advantage of the deal.
The tournament has offered free entry to military and first responders for 13 years.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck