PHOENIX — A man wanted on suspicion of assaulting an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer was arrested Thursday following a brief barricade situation.
Rafael Reyna III allegedly assaulted the officer on Jan. 1 following a traffic stop. While he was being arrested for a DUI, he allegedly punched the officer multiple times in the face, causing significant damage. He then fled the scene with one wrist still handcuffed.
Reyna was located at 3122 N. 37th Street in Phoenix on Thursday. After a short barricade situation, he surrendered to officers.
Prior to his arrest, a reward of at least $10,000 that led to the arrest and conviction of Reyna was offered.
DPS said Reyna has a prior criminal history.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food