PHOENIX — A man wanted on suspicion of assaulting an Arizona Department of Public Safety officer was arrested Thursday following a brief barricade situation.
Rafael Reyna III allegedly assaulted the officer on Jan. 1 following a traffic stop. While he was being arrested for a DUI, he allegedly punched the officer multiple times in the face, causing significant damage. He then fled the scene with one wrist still handcuffed.
Reyna was located at 3122 N. 37th Street in Phoenix on Thursday. After a short barricade situation, he surrendered to officers.
Prior to his arrest, a reward of at least $10,000 that led to the arrest and conviction of Reyna was offered.
DPS said Reyna has a prior criminal history.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night