PHOENIX — The family of a Tempe man who was badly injured in a hit-and-run is calling for whomever is responsible to step forward.
“I would definitely like to know who did this, and left my nephew, Dustin, on the side of the road for dead,” said Christine Simon-Blackmore, the aunt who said she raised the victim. “It’s not right. We’re just asking for help to find the driver of this vehicle.”
Dustin Kalkbrenner, 24, was struck on Dec. 27 on University Drive and Ash Avenue. Despite the incident happening at 3 p.m. in a busy intersection, police have no leads.
“We have surveillance video that shows there was a passenger in the vehicle and we’re confident that either the passenger or the driver has mentioned this accident to someone else,” said Tempe Police Sgt. Michael Pooley. “We’re hoping that somebody will be able to come out and give us some information.”
Police have surveillance video that shows Dustin Kalkbrenner riding his skateboard and also the suspect vehicle, a silver Nissan Xterra, moments before the accident.
“He was a very happy child growing up, happy teenager, happy adult…he just wanted to appease everybody,” said Simon-Blackmore. “He would give you the shirt off his back or his last dollar. Anything to make your day better.”
Anyone with information on the hit-and-run is asked to call the Tempe Police Department at (480 )350-8311 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon