PHOENIX — Phoenix children in crisis will have something to comfort them thanks to a donation of stuffed animals.
Moose Lodge 2072 near 24th Street and Baseline Road donated 250 stuffed Tommy Moose dolls for children.
“We donated half of them to the police department and the other half to the fire department,” said Lodge Governor Joe Borquez. “They are the first ones on the scene when an accident happens and the young children are crying for help saying things like ‘Where’s my mommy? Where’s my daddy?’ The police and fire personnel will carry one stuffed Tommy Moose in their vehicle, and can give it to a child to comfort them.”
The Moose looks like Bullwinkle. He has a red shirt on that says “Tommy,” and blue pants. The back of his shirt has the group’s website.
Borquez said that it was Moose Lodge member in Connecticut named Tommy who came up with the idea for the stuffed doll.
“Apparently it hit real big in Connecticut and is starting to move it’s way to the west,” said Borquez. “We have other Moose Lodges that are doing the same thing here in the state of Arizona.”
The lodge raised the money for the dolls through dances and other fundraisers. Borquez said they eventually hope to raise enough money to donate dolls to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development