PHOENIX — Sen. John McCain certainly isn’t a fan of former National basketball Association star Dennis Rodman.
According to CNN, McCain made the comment after Rodman’s interview with Chris Cuomo.
I think he’s an idiot,” laughs the senior United States Senator from Arizona. “I think he’s very – a person – of not great intellect, who doesn’t understand that he really does provide propaganda for this very brutal, ruthless young man.”
But the interview wasn’t all in good humor. Rodman seemed to endorse the on-going imprisonment of Kenneth Bae, something that did not sit well with McCain.
“In one respect, it’s kind of a side show with a guy who’s not too bright, that’s looking for something to do. That kind of part of it can even amuse us,” he tells Piers Morgan. “But when we’re talking about an American that’s being held prisoner in God knows what conditions, and he is basically defending it, that’s pretty bad behavior.”
Bae, an American, had given numerous tours of North Korea until he was imprisoned on suspicion of wanting to overthrow the government.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon