PHOENIX — Fiesta Mall will soon be without one of its anchor tenants: Macy’s will close its Mesa location in the next few months.
The 159,000-square-foot Fiesta Mall location opened in 1979 and currently employs 98 people, who either will be offered positions in another store or receive a severance package.
The closure is part of a larger reorganization that will cut 2,500 jobs.
The Cincinnati-based company plans to close five stores, including the one in Mesa, and open eight others, leaving it with 844 stores nationwide once the changes are complete.
Macy’s says the moves will save it $100 million per year and forecast a 2014 profit above Wall Street’s forecasts.
The news sent its shares up 5.5 percent in after-hours trading.
As a result of the closing, the Fiesta Mall Macy’s will have a final clearance sale beginning Monday that is expected to last for 10 to 11 weeks.
No exact closure date was given.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them