SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Things were busy Tuesday at Westworld in Scottsdale.
Workers spent the day unloading vintage cars that will be sold next week during the 43rd annual Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction.
Barrett-Jackson chief executive officer Craig Jackson said this year’s auction will be the best, and will feature several cars owned by celebrities.
“Steven Tyler is supposed to be bringing two motorcyles to sell,” Jackson said. “We have one of the cars from the ‘2 Fast, 2 Furious’ movie with Paul Walker. It was the car that he had. It was the close-up detail shot car used in that movie.”
“We also have Simon Cowell’s personal Veyron, and Michael Schumacher’s Formula One Ferrari,” said Jackson. “It was the development test car that he used when he started at Ferrari and went on that unbelievable streak of five Formula One championships with Ferrari.”
The 1949 Hudson that Morgan Freeman drove in the 1990 film “Driving Miss Daisy” will be at the auction, as well as cars previously owned by the late actor James Gandolfini, Los Angeles Lakers basketball star Kobe Bryant, and others.
The auction starts with a family viewing day on Sunday. It runs through Jan. 19, with television coverage on Fox, Fox Sports 1 and 2, Fox Business Channel and the National Geographic Channel.
For more information, go to http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.