SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Things were busy Tuesday at Westworld in Scottsdale.
Workers spent the day unloading vintage cars that will be sold next week during the 43rd annual Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction.
Barrett-Jackson chief executive officer Craig Jackson said this year’s auction will be the best, and will feature several cars owned by celebrities.
“Steven Tyler is supposed to be bringing two motorcyles to sell,” Jackson said. “We have one of the cars from the ‘2 Fast, 2 Furious’ movie with Paul Walker. It was the car that he had. It was the close-up detail shot car used in that movie.”
“We also have Simon Cowell’s personal Veyron, and Michael Schumacher’s Formula One Ferrari,” said Jackson. “It was the development test car that he used when he started at Ferrari and went on that unbelievable streak of five Formula One championships with Ferrari.”
The 1949 Hudson that Morgan Freeman drove in the 1990 film “Driving Miss Daisy” will be at the auction, as well as cars previously owned by the late actor James Gandolfini, Los Angeles Lakers basketball star Kobe Bryant, and others.
The auction starts with a family viewing day on Sunday. It runs through Jan. 19, with television coverage on Fox, Fox Sports 1 and 2, Fox Business Channel and the National Geographic Channel.
For more information, go to http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them