SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Things were busy Tuesday at Westworld in Scottsdale.
Workers spent the day unloading vintage cars that will be sold next week during the 43rd annual Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction.
Barrett-Jackson chief executive officer Craig Jackson said this year’s auction will be the best, and will feature several cars owned by celebrities.
“Steven Tyler is supposed to be bringing two motorcyles to sell,” Jackson said. “We have one of the cars from the ‘2 Fast, 2 Furious’ movie with Paul Walker. It was the car that he had. It was the close-up detail shot car used in that movie.”
“We also have Simon Cowell’s personal Veyron, and Michael Schumacher’s Formula One Ferrari,” said Jackson. “It was the development test car that he used when he started at Ferrari and went on that unbelievable streak of five Formula One championships with Ferrari.”
The 1949 Hudson that Morgan Freeman drove in the 1990 film “Driving Miss Daisy” will be at the auction, as well as cars previously owned by the late actor James Gandolfini, Los Angeles Lakers basketball star Kobe Bryant, and others.
The auction starts with a family viewing day on Sunday. It runs through Jan. 19, with television coverage on Fox, Fox Sports 1 and 2, Fox Business Channel and the National Geographic Channel.
For more information, go to http://www.barrett-jackson.com/scottsdale.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night