PHOENIX — A Chandler business was evacuated Tuesday after a tank of chlorine was found to be leaking.
“Our crews did get on scene and they found a 150-pound chlorine cylinder that had been leaking,” Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins said.
The facility at 301 N. Roosevelt was evacuated quickly. Dwiggins said crews were able to stop the leak.
“The leak itself and the chemicals itself are contained within the structure and we have no active leak,” he said, adding that some chlorine remained in a line that ran to the tank.
Meters showed the air in the area is clear.
No one was injured in the incident but Roosevelt was closed for a short time.
Dwiggins said it was unclear what function the business provided.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy