PHOENIX — Police are continuing to search for a man suspected of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl last month.
The victim was walking in the area of 16th Street and Union Hills about 5 p.m. on Dec. 17 when the suspect, who was driving a newer-model four door green car, stopped to ask her for directions.
“The suspect was able to get the victim into his car based on a ruse and drove her to the area of 19th Avenue and Grovers Avenue where he sexually assaulted her. Following the sexual assault, the suspect drove the victim to the general area of Ninth Street and Union Hills Drive and let the victim out of the vehicle,” a Silent Witness release said.
The suspect may have been involved in another sexual assault a few months ago. On Sept. 29 about 10:45 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking home in the area of 4600 N. 59th Ave. when a man approached her and forced her into a vehicle at gunpoint. The man then drove to a car wash in the area of 5300 N. 59th Ave. and sexually assaulted her.
Police are investigating a possible link between the assaults.
“Detectives are going to look for any further similarities to determine if, in fact, it’s the same suspect,” said Glendale Police Sgt. Jay O’Neil. “It’s still early in the investigation to say either way.”
The suspect in the September assault is described as being a Hispanic male about 27 years old. He stands about 6 feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. At the time of the assault, he was wearing a black and blue-striped American Eagle shirt and jeans. He has a mole under his right eye.
Phoenix police released surveillance video of the suspect prior to the attack. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets