PHOENIX — Police are continuing to search for a man suspected of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl last month.
The victim was walking in the area of 16th Street and Union Hills about 5 p.m. on Dec. 17 when the suspect, who was driving a newer-model four door green car, stopped to ask her for directions.
“The suspect was able to get the victim into his car based on a ruse and drove her to the area of 19th Avenue and Grovers Avenue where he sexually assaulted her. Following the sexual assault, the suspect drove the victim to the general area of Ninth Street and Union Hills Drive and let the victim out of the vehicle,” a Silent Witness release said.
The suspect may have been involved in another sexual assault a few months ago. On Sept. 29 about 10:45 p.m., a 15-year-old girl was walking home in the area of 4600 N. 59th Ave. when a man approached her and forced her into a vehicle at gunpoint. The man then drove to a car wash in the area of 5300 N. 59th Ave. and sexually assaulted her.
Police are investigating a possible link between the assaults.
“Detectives are going to look for any further similarities to determine if, in fact, it’s the same suspect,” said Glendale Police Sgt. Jay O’Neil. “It’s still early in the investigation to say either way.”
The suspect in the September assault is described as being a Hispanic male about 27 years old. He stands about 6 feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. At the time of the assault, he was wearing a black and blue-striped American Eagle shirt and jeans. He has a mole under his right eye.
Phoenix police released surveillance video of the suspect prior to the attack. Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns