PHOENIX — Better out than in? A new study said that more people are moving out of Arizona than in.
The Atlas Van Lines 2013 Migration Patterns Study said there were 2,218 moves out of the state last year, compared to 2,101 inbound moves.
Atlas Marketing Specialist Aaron Chenoweth said that’s nothing new.
“For the past four years at least, there have been very slight higher number of moves out of the state.”
For example, Chenoweth said “In 2012, we saw 2,038 moves outbound and 1,936 moves inbound.”
Chenoweth said the slow economy over the last four years may be responsible for the Arizona numbers, which are based only on customers who hired Atlas for their move.
Atlas still considers Arizona a “balanced” state, because the difference between the number of outbound and inbound moves isn’t that big.
“In order for a state to be considered either ‘inbound’ or ‘outbound,’ they would need to see more than 55 percent moves either out of the state or into the state,” he said.
Texas, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado and California are among the western states that gained in the survey.
To read more about the survey, click here.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food