PHOENIX — Better out than in? A new study said that more people are moving out of Arizona than in.
The Atlas Van Lines 2013 Migration Patterns Study said there were 2,218 moves out of the state last year, compared to 2,101 inbound moves.
Atlas Marketing Specialist Aaron Chenoweth said that’s nothing new.
“For the past four years at least, there have been very slight higher number of moves out of the state.”
For example, Chenoweth said “In 2012, we saw 2,038 moves outbound and 1,936 moves inbound.”
Chenoweth said the slow economy over the last four years may be responsible for the Arizona numbers, which are based only on customers who hired Atlas for their move.
Atlas still considers Arizona a “balanced” state, because the difference between the number of outbound and inbound moves isn’t that big.
“In order for a state to be considered either ‘inbound’ or ‘outbound,’ they would need to see more than 55 percent moves either out of the state or into the state,” he said.
Texas, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado and California are among the western states that gained in the survey.
To read more about the survey, click here.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night