PHOENIX — Better out than in? A new study said that more people are moving out of Arizona than in.
The Atlas Van Lines 2013 Migration Patterns Study said there were 2,218 moves out of the state last year, compared to 2,101 inbound moves.
Atlas Marketing Specialist Aaron Chenoweth said that’s nothing new.
“For the past four years at least, there have been very slight higher number of moves out of the state.”
For example, Chenoweth said “In 2012, we saw 2,038 moves outbound and 1,936 moves inbound.”
Chenoweth said the slow economy over the last four years may be responsible for the Arizona numbers, which are based only on customers who hired Atlas for their move.
Atlas still considers Arizona a “balanced” state, because the difference between the number of outbound and inbound moves isn’t that big.
“In order for a state to be considered either ‘inbound’ or ‘outbound,’ they would need to see more than 55 percent moves either out of the state or into the state,” he said.
Texas, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado and California are among the western states that gained in the survey.
To read more about the survey, click here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier