PHOENIX — Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon downplayed rumors Thursday that he may try to get his old job back, but didn’t necessarily rule out another run in the future.
The rumors started in mid-December when Gordon commented to 12 News that he “would love to be mayor again.”
Gordon told KTAR Thursday why he’d love to return to the job.
“Being mayor of Phoenix is the greatest job that I ever had, and I think that anybody could ever have,” he said.
But he jokingly added that not only is he not seeking the job, he is “running away from it.” He said that he’s too busy to think about running for mayor in 2015.
“Right now, I’m part of a non-profit foundation that’s working to cure cancer with technology and with evidence-based medicine,” Gordon said. “It’s probably the most important job that I’ve ever had.”
Still, Gordon has recently been critical of the current city council. While he insists that he supports Mayor Greg Stanton, he joined three other former mayors in writing a letter saying that Stanton and members of the city council should get along better.
Gordon said that he has no plans to run in 2015, but then added “I never thought I would be running for mayor the first time I ran for mayor, so we’ll see what the future holds.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development