PHOENIX — Four people, including a 13-year-old boy, were found to be intoxicated after their vehicle crashed Wednesday, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said.
The driver of the vehicle, 21-year-old Andrew Homer, lost control of the vehicle about 6:35 p.m. near Hidden Valley and Fulcar roads outside of Maricopa, Ariz.
“It was by providence that no one else was involved in this horrific wreck,” said PCSO Chief Deputy Steve Henry. “I mean this, could have been so much worse. As bad as this was, it could have been so much worse.”
There was a total of four people in the car. Homer, 22-year-old Jordan Lopez, 19-year-old Hector Medrano and an unidentified 13-year-old boy. All were intoxicated and none were wearing a seat belt.
All were take to local hospitals. One was in critical condition, one in serious and Homer and the teenager sustained minor injures.
Homer said the group had just bought more beer before the crash.
Homer, allegedly driving on a suspended license, was charged with aggravated assault, endangerment, aggravated DUI and providing alcohol to a minor.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night