PHOENIX — Four people, including a 13-year-old boy, were found to be intoxicated after their vehicle crashed Wednesday, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said.
The driver of the vehicle, 21-year-old Andrew Homer, lost control of the vehicle about 6:35 p.m. near Hidden Valley and Fulcar roads outside of Maricopa, Ariz.
“It was by providence that no one else was involved in this horrific wreck,” said PCSO Chief Deputy Steve Henry. “I mean this, could have been so much worse. As bad as this was, it could have been so much worse.”
There was a total of four people in the car. Homer, 22-year-old Jordan Lopez, 19-year-old Hector Medrano and an unidentified 13-year-old boy. All were intoxicated and none were wearing a seat belt.
All were take to local hospitals. One was in critical condition, one in serious and Homer and the teenager sustained minor injures.
Homer said the group had just bought more beer before the crash.
Homer, allegedly driving on a suspended license, was charged with aggravated assault, endangerment, aggravated DUI and providing alcohol to a minor.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon