PHOENIX — Four people, including a 13-year-old boy, were found to be intoxicated after their vehicle crashed Wednesday, the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office said.
The driver of the vehicle, 21-year-old Andrew Homer, lost control of the vehicle about 6:35 p.m. near Hidden Valley and Fulcar roads outside of Maricopa, Ariz.
“It was by providence that no one else was involved in this horrific wreck,” said PCSO Chief Deputy Steve Henry. “I mean this, could have been so much worse. As bad as this was, it could have been so much worse.”
There was a total of four people in the car. Homer, 22-year-old Jordan Lopez, 19-year-old Hector Medrano and an unidentified 13-year-old boy. All were intoxicated and none were wearing a seat belt.
All were take to local hospitals. One was in critical condition, one in serious and Homer and the teenager sustained minor injures.
Homer said the group had just bought more beer before the crash.
Homer, allegedly driving on a suspended license, was charged with aggravated assault, endangerment, aggravated DUI and providing alcohol to a minor.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths