PHOENIX — An Arizona woman is accused of killing her daughter and trying
to fatally stab her husband and poison her other three children over a custody
dispute on Christmas Day.
A 51-year-old Phoenix man is being held on a $1 million bond
after police said he killed his 13-year-old son with an ax.
A father apparently killed himself and his daughters, both under 10, in a suburb west of Phoenix.
In Southern California, a man apparently killed his wife and their two children
before turning the gun on himself a day before New Year’s Eve. In New Mexico, a
38-year-old woman faces charges after police say she kicked her child to death
two days after Christmas.
The family-related killings happened around the holidays, and while people look
for answers, experts said they vary case-to-case. But many have common themes —
custody disputes or nasty divorces — coupled with a time relatives are gathered
Experts said close quarters and, in many cases, discord in the families, can lead to tragic consequences.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon