SALT LAKE CITY — Of all countries in the world, Americans like Canada the most and dislike Saudi Arabia more than any other.
A Pew Research Center survey conducted last fall revealed Americans’ attitudes toward allies and competitors. Canada had the most positive review, with 81 percent of Americans feeling favorable toward their North American counterpart. Another ally, Great Britain, had a 79 percent impression of favorability.
Perhaps unsurprisingly after years of being at odds with the United States, Saudi Arabia was seen by 57 percent of survey participants unfavorably, making the bottom of the list.
Fifty-five percent and 54 percent of participants saw China and Russia, respectively, in an unfavorable way.
Mexico was the fourth least-favorably viewed country, with 52 percent of participants viewing the bordering country unfavorably.
“However strongly Americans may feel about other countries, either pro or con, their views can also change dramatically over time,” Pew wrote.
France, for example, has gained in popularity since 2003. At the “height of disagreement” between France and America over the Iraq war.
The views were “decidedly partisan” according to Pew. While republicans were more likely than democrats to view Israel favorably, while democrats were the more likely of the two to view China, Mexico and France favorably.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development