SALT LAKE CITY — Of all countries in the world, Americans like Canada the most and dislike Saudi Arabia more than any other.
A Pew Research Center survey conducted last fall revealed Americans’ attitudes toward allies and competitors. Canada had the most positive review, with 81 percent of Americans feeling favorable toward their North American counterpart. Another ally, Great Britain, had a 79 percent impression of favorability.
Perhaps unsurprisingly after years of being at odds with the United States, Saudi Arabia was seen by 57 percent of survey participants unfavorably, making the bottom of the list.
Fifty-five percent and 54 percent of participants saw China and Russia, respectively, in an unfavorable way.
Mexico was the fourth least-favorably viewed country, with 52 percent of participants viewing the bordering country unfavorably.
“However strongly Americans may feel about other countries, either pro or con, their views can also change dramatically over time,” Pew wrote.
France, for example, has gained in popularity since 2003. At the “height of disagreement” between France and America over the Iraq war.
The views were “decidedly partisan” according to Pew. While republicans were more likely than democrats to view Israel favorably, while democrats were the more likely of the two to view China, Mexico and France favorably.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments