PHOENIX — An 11-year-old boy is lucky to be alive after tumbling down Camelback Mountain and hitting his head.
Capt. Tony Mure of the Phoenix Fire Department said they were called to the Cholla Trailhead of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, after a boy fell 20-30 feet.
The boy was hiking with his two older brothers, ages 18 and 13. After all three successfully climbed the summit, the youngest brother began racing the two teenagers down the mountain, when he slipped and tumbled.
He suffered head and face lacerations and bruises and was flown down the mountain to a ground ambulance. Mure said the young boy would need x-rays and possibly stitches but that he did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food