PHOENIX — An 11-year-old boy is lucky to be alive after tumbling down Camelback Mountain and hitting his head.
Capt. Tony Mure of the Phoenix Fire Department said they were called to the Cholla Trailhead of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, after a boy fell 20-30 feet.
The boy was hiking with his two older brothers, ages 18 and 13. After all three successfully climbed the summit, the youngest brother began racing the two teenagers down the mountain, when he slipped and tumbled.
He suffered head and face lacerations and bruises and was flown down the mountain to a ground ambulance. Mure said the young boy would need x-rays and possibly stitches but that he did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development