PHOENIX — An 11-year-old boy is lucky to be alive after tumbling down Camelback Mountain and hitting his head.
Capt. Tony Mure of the Phoenix Fire Department said they were called to the Cholla Trailhead of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, after a boy fell 20-30 feet.
The boy was hiking with his two older brothers, ages 18 and 13. After all three successfully climbed the summit, the youngest brother began racing the two teenagers down the mountain, when he slipped and tumbled.
He suffered head and face lacerations and bruises and was flown down the mountain to a ground ambulance. Mure said the young boy would need x-rays and possibly stitches but that he did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.