PHOENIX — It’s both a happy new year — and a happy birthday — for one Peoria couple and their newborn daughter, Viviana Marie.
“My due date was supposed to be January 3rd,” said Dominica Cordova, Viviana’s mother. “[The doctors] called me in for an induction and I thought it was going to be on [New Year’s Eve],” she added.
It wasn’t until Cordova’s doctor arrived a few minutes before the stroke of midnight that she realized her baby could be born at exactly the start of 2014.
“We started pushing at 11:58 p.m. and she came out exactly at 12:00 a.m.,” Cordova said.
And she wasn’t the only one hoping to have her baby right at midnight.
Another mom down the hall at Estrella Banner Hospital in Phoenix was also in labor at the same time.
“We were closer,” she recalled. “We knew we had our baby coming.”
Sebastian Cordova, the baby’s father, is ecstatic to welcome their second child on the first day of 2014.
“I’m very happy that she’s healthy,” he said. “To be honest, it didn’t really make a difference to me if she was born in 2013, as long as she was ok.”
Viviana Marie Cordova weighed six pounds, five ounces and measured 19.5 inches.
Viviana will now play the little sister to the Cordovas’ one-year-old son.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy