PHOENIX — An undocumented immigrant who had access and clearance to enter an Arizona military installation was arrested Thursday after being pulled over by Pinal County Sheriff’s Office deputies.
“This could have been anyone working there. The good news is that we caught this guy,” said Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babue.
According to information released by PCSO, a driver who identified himself as Armando Villalobos was stopped by a deputy for a traffic violation. An investigation revealed the 37-year-old driver, actually named Mario Bustamante, was an undocumented immigrant who was using another man’s identity.
“It was an elaborate grouping of lies,” said Babeu. “He had a checking account, a savings account, a Social Security number and an Arizona identification card.”
Bustamante is employed by Mesa-based Briston Construction, which is contracted by Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
A company spokesman declined to comment on Bustamante’s arrest.
Bustamante was charged with taking the identity of another and possession of a forged device.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon