PHOENIX — An undocumented immigrant who had access and clearance to enter an Arizona military installation was arrested Thursday after being pulled over by Pinal County Sheriff’s Office deputies.
“This could have been anyone working there. The good news is that we caught this guy,” said Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babue.
According to information released by PCSO, a driver who identified himself as Armando Villalobos was stopped by a deputy for a traffic violation. An investigation revealed the 37-year-old driver, actually named Mario Bustamante, was an undocumented immigrant who was using another man’s identity.
“It was an elaborate grouping of lies,” said Babeu. “He had a checking account, a savings account, a Social Security number and an Arizona identification card.”
Bustamante is employed by Mesa-based Briston Construction, which is contracted by Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
A company spokesman declined to comment on Bustamante’s arrest.
Bustamante was charged with taking the identity of another and possession of a forged device.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier