PHOENIX — With New Year’s celebrations happening all across the state, AAA Arizona wants drivers to have a plan to get home safely.
If plans of a designated driver or cab ride home don’t pan out, “Tipsy Tow” can help.
“You get a free tow and ride home, up to 10 miles, and we will take, you, your vehicle and one passenger,” said Michelle Donati with AAA Arizona, adding that a tow fee applies for distances over 10 miles.
The free program is available across the entire state and begins Tuesday at 6 p.m. and runs through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Donati said AAA does not accept reservations and is just trying to help everyone make it home safely.
“We want you to have a plan in place to celebrate responsibly and that plan should include a designated driver or a safe way to get home, but if that plan does fall through, that’s why AAA offers Tipsy Tow service.”
The free tow and ride home will take you home or to a hotel, said Donati.
“We will not be towing you to another drinking establishment or another party,” she added. “Tipsy Tow is not a party bus.”
The service does not require AAA membership and is not meant to be used as road side assistance. However, if you are a AAA member and do need a road side assistance service, then your call will be strictly for that, not a free ride home.
To call for a ride, dial (800) AAA- HELP or (800) 222-4357.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them