PHOENIX — With New Year’s celebrations happening all across the state, AAA Arizona wants drivers to have a plan to get home safely.
If plans of a designated driver or cab ride home don’t pan out, “Tipsy Tow” can help.
“You get a free tow and ride home, up to 10 miles, and we will take, you, your vehicle and one passenger,” said Michelle Donati with AAA Arizona, adding that a tow fee applies for distances over 10 miles.
The free program is available across the entire state and begins Tuesday at 6 p.m. and runs through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Donati said AAA does not accept reservations and is just trying to help everyone make it home safely.
“We want you to have a plan in place to celebrate responsibly and that plan should include a designated driver or a safe way to get home, but if that plan does fall through, that’s why AAA offers Tipsy Tow service.”
The free tow and ride home will take you home or to a hotel, said Donati.
“We will not be towing you to another drinking establishment or another party,” she added. “Tipsy Tow is not a party bus.”
The service does not require AAA membership and is not meant to be used as road side assistance. However, if you are a AAA member and do need a road side assistance service, then your call will be strictly for that, not a free ride home.
To call for a ride, dial (800) AAA- HELP or (800) 222-4357.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.