PHOENIX — With New Year’s celebrations happening all across the state, AAA Arizona wants drivers to have a plan to get home safely.
If plans of a designated driver or cab ride home don’t pan out, “Tipsy Tow” can help.
“You get a free tow and ride home, up to 10 miles, and we will take, you, your vehicle and one passenger,” said Michelle Donati with AAA Arizona, adding that a tow fee applies for distances over 10 miles.
The free program is available across the entire state and begins Tuesday at 6 p.m. and runs through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Donati said AAA does not accept reservations and is just trying to help everyone make it home safely.
“We want you to have a plan in place to celebrate responsibly and that plan should include a designated driver or a safe way to get home, but if that plan does fall through, that’s why AAA offers Tipsy Tow service.”
The free tow and ride home will take you home or to a hotel, said Donati.
“We will not be towing you to another drinking establishment or another party,” she added. “Tipsy Tow is not a party bus.”
The service does not require AAA membership and is not meant to be used as road side assistance. However, if you are a AAA member and do need a road side assistance service, then your call will be strictly for that, not a free ride home.
To call for a ride, dial (800) AAA- HELP or (800) 222-4357.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development